The Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project depends on the financial support of generous contributors and foundations. While The George Washington University Law School provides us with some financial and in-kind support, that support is not nearly enough to cover our expenses, including investigation and litigation expenses and staff salaries and benefits.
Donations will go directly to important case-related work, such as:
- $7,000: travel, documents and experts in one exoneration case
- $1,000: testing costs for one piece of evidence in a DNA case
- $500: one hour of a medical expert’s time to review autopsy reports to determine whether the government’s theory about the crime matches the physical evidence
- $250: one hour of an eyewitness identification expert’s time to review an identification procedure and help us determine whether it was flawed and likely led to a wrongful conviction
- $100: a staff investigator’s trip to visit a prospective client in prison
- $50: one investigate file from a police department
If you wish to make a donation by mail, please mail a check to our Project at:
Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project
at the George Washington University
2000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
You also can make a secure online donation here:
Any and all contributions are appreciated!
We are an independent 501(c)(3) organization and your contributions are tax deductible as provided by law.